* smp errors in 2.4!!
@ 2001-06-05 19:48 Manfred Spraul
From: Manfred Spraul @ 2001-06-05 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jalaja devi; +Cc: linux-kernel

> I encounter this compilation error:
> /usr/x.c:2112: struct has no member named
> "event_Rsmp_7b16c344"

I assume you have a variable called 'event', and that name got replaced
by a versioned symbol.
Yes, 'event' is a global variable in the kernel ;-)

Do you include <linux/modversions.h> in that file?

I usually use 'gcc -E' to find such problems.

--
	Manfred

* Test Mail!!!
@ 2001-06-06 16:50 ` jalaja devi
From: jalaja devi @ 2001-06-06 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Is Kernel2.2 is SMP versioned by default?
@ 2001-06-08 14:58 ` jalaja devi
From: jalaja devi @ 2001-06-08 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
Could anyone plz tell me whether the kernel - 2.2.14
is SMP or NON-SMP by default?
To make it SMP versioned, Do I need to add some flags
in the kernel header files and re-compile to kernel?

Thanks in advance,
Jal

* Re: Is Kernel2.2 is SMP versioned by default?
@ 2001-06-08 22:56   ` Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2001-06-08 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jalaja devi; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 08 Jun 2001 07:58:48 -0700, jalaja devi wrote:
> Hi,
> Could anyone plz tell me whether the kernel - 2.2.14
> is SMP or NON-SMP by default?
> To make it SMP versioned, Do I need to add some flags
> in the kernel header files and re-compile to kernel?

i actually think it may be SMP (for whatever odd reason).
you need to configure and compile the kernel, anyhow.
select from one of:

make config (text)
make menuconfig (curses)
make xconfig (Tk)

and make sure SMP is enabled, as well as support for the rest of your
hardware and the features you want.

then: make dep clean bzImage modules

see the Kernel Compile HOWTO

--
Robert M. Love
rml@ufl.edu

* kgdb ksymtab_addr not found!!
@ 2001-08-02 17:47     ` jalaja devi
From: jalaja devi @ 2001-08-02 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I have 2 quesions here:

1. Could any plz tell me what am i missing out here?

I basically, trying to debug my my loadable module in
kernel in kernel2.4.6 version. I patched the kernel
with 2.4.6 kgdb patch, using the recent version.

I am using the modutils shell script to load my module
loadmodule.sh which creates a gdbscript. When I source
the gdbscript I get the following warnings:

warning : section _ksymtab not found in mymodule.o
warning : section _archdata not found in mymodule.o

Do I need to patch the kernel with the modutils. Why
do I get these warnings.

2. How can I put a breakpoint to debug my init_module?
Which is the Kernel Fxn to be invoked to put a
breakpoint in my init_module?

Thanks in advance,

Jalaja

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

* Re: kgdb ksymtab_addr not found!!
@ 2001-08-03 10:11       ` Amit S. Kale
From: Amit S. Kale @ 2001-08-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jalaja devi; +Cc: linux-kernel

jalaja devi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 quesions here:
>
> 1. Could any plz tell me what am i missing out here?
>
> I basically, trying to debug my my loadable module in
> kernel in kernel2.4.6 version. I patched the kernel
> with 2.4.6 kgdb patch, using the recent version.
>
> I am using the modutils shell script to load my module
> loadmodule.sh which creates a gdbscript. When I source
> the gdbscript I get the following warnings:
>
> warning : section _ksymtab not found in mymodule.o
> warning : section _archdata not found in mymodule.o
>
> Do I need to patch the kernel with the modutils. Why
> do I get these warnings.

These warnings can be safely ignored.

> 2. How can I put a breakpoint to debug my init_module?
> Which is the Kernel Fxn to be invoked to put a
> breakpoint in my init_module?

You can place a breakpoint just before the the statement
where kernel calls init_module. Then load the generated
gdb script into gdb once the breakpoint is hit. Now you
can place a breakpoint directly into any statement in the
module code.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jalaja

Amit Kale
Veritas Software ( http://www.veritas.com )

* kgdb in kerenel2.4.6 : Unable to view the global variables!!
@ 2001-08-05 14:59         ` jalaja devi
From: jalaja devi @ 2001-08-05 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi,
I am using kgdb for kernel2.4.6. But I am unable to
see my global variables. Could anyone please tell me
how can i fix this?

Also, When i install the loadmodule.sh, it creates the
gdbscripts. When I source the gdbscript, it gives the
warning,

> > warning : section _ksymtab not found in mymodule.o
> > warning : section _archdata not found in
mymodule.o

Is that related? Any hints will be helpful

Thanks in advance,
Jalaja

* Kernel-2.4.10 - Unresolved symbol
@ 2001-10-04 14:35         ` jalaja devi
From: jalaja devi @ 2001-10-04 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
I compiled the code in kernel 2.4.6. But when i
compile the code in 2.4.10, and do a insmod it sez
Unresolved symbo: prefetch

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this and What
does this mean?

Thanks
Jalaja

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1