* cs4232 sound chip problem
@ 2001-08-14  1:39 cardhore
From: cardhore @ 2001-08-14  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: nils, twoller

*Please CC all responses to cardhore@yahoo.com as I am
not subscribed.

I'm using the cs4232 sound driver, in Linux 2.4.8 (or
2.4.7) for my motherboard's onboard chip.  (The
motherboard is the Intel SE440BX.)  Whenever the sound
device is opened, it makes a loud "pop."  Does this in
all kernels.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

http://im.yahoo.com/

* RE: cs4232 sound chip problem
@ 2001-08-14 16:20 Woller, Thomas
From: Woller, Thomas @ 2001-08-14 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cardhore'; +Cc: linux-kernel

Can't help then. Sorry bout that.
tom

From: cardhore @ 2001-08-14 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Woller, Thomas; +Cc: linux-kernel

wrote:
> Do you have a cs46xx chip or a cs4232 on that
> motherboard? I think that we
> took care of most of the pops with the cs46xx
> driver, but I haven't ever
> looked at the cs4232 driver (ISA part).
> tom

The chip itself reads "Crystal CS4236B-KQ".
It is directly onboard the motherboard and uses the
isa bus.  /proc/isapnp gives:  Card 1
'CSC0b35:CS4236B' PnP version 1.0 Product version 0.4

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

* RE: cs4232 sound chip problem
@ 2001-08-14 14:43 Woller, Thomas
From: Woller, Thomas @ 2001-08-14 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cardhore', linux-kernel; +Cc: nils, Woller, Thomas

@ 2001-08-14  3:55 david
From: david @ 2001-08-14  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cardhore; +Cc: linux-kernel

I have noticed this pop for quite some time at sound initialization when starting KDE on my IBM Thinkpad A20M. Also, there was a problem with XMMS killing sound if it was closed, but the sound would come back if I left it alone for a while. Anyway, my laptop has a cs4622 in it, and I suspect you are using the other Crystal Sound driver (not cs46xx). Someone mentioned something earlier on the list that started me to thinking it might be a problem with the ac97_codec. I believe they also mentioned some changes to the ac97_codec in the most recent release kernel. You might give that a try. Or perhaps I'll just let you know if the pop goes away...

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su