* LKML on Majordomo2 ?
@ 2001-08-24 20:34 Sandip Bhattacharya
From: Sandip Bhattacharya @ 2001-08-24 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

Hi!

Is this transfer of lkml to vger.kernel.org a final thing, or is it
just temporary till rutgers is up again?

Also, are there any plans of moving the list to majordomo2? There are
certain features of majordomo2 that makes it easier to live with a
list. I mean "set linux-kernel nomail" kinda thing.

- Sandip

--
-------------------------------------
Sandip Bhattacharya

* Re: LKML on Majordomo2 ?
@ 2001-08-24 20:40 ` Matti Aarnio
From: Matti Aarnio @ 2001-08-24 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandip Bhattacharya; +Cc: LKML

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 02:04:53AM +0530, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is this transfer of lkml to vger.kernel.org a final thing, or is it
> just temporary till rutgers is up again?

	It is permanent.

> Also, are there any plans of moving the list to majordomo2? There are
> certain features of majordomo2 that makes it easier to live with a
> list. I mean "set linux-kernel nomail" kinda thing.

	Oh, is MD2 officially out ?

	Pray tell, how 'nomail' differs from 'unsubscribe' ?

	I mean in open list where just anybody can post independent
	of their being list subscribers, or not.

> - Sandip
> Sandip Bhattacharya
> sandipb @ bigfoot.com

/Matti Aarnio -- co-postmaster of vger.kernel.org

* Digest services anywhere and Re: LKML on Majordomo2 ?
@ 2001-08-24 21:30   ` Sandip Bhattacharya
From: Sandip Bhattacharya @ 2001-08-24 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

Just another question ...

The LKML FAQ does not point out any site providing decent digest
services ... (by decent I mean it would be easier to split up the
digest using formail) The yahoogroups/egroups archive has this
horrible way of digesting mails ... Any pointers would be welcome ...

I checked the archives. There seems to a long discussion last year on
making a move to either Majordomo2 or Mailman. Mailman has improved a
lot over all this time. Is it still worth a go?

- Sandip

--
-------------------------------------
Sandip Bhattacharya

* Re: Digest services anywhere and Re: LKML on Majordomo2 ?
@ 2001-08-24 23:06     ` Rik van Riel
From: Rik van Riel @ 2001-08-24 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandip Bhattacharya; +Cc: LKML

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

> I checked the archives. There seems to a long discussion last year on
> making a move to either Majordomo2 or Mailman. Mailman has improved a
> lot over all this time. Is it still worth a go?

Mailman has the big disadvantage that it isn't able to do
spam filtering based on the message content.

Personally I'm looking at converting NL.linux.org to Listar
(soon to be renamed to encartis), see http://www.listar.org/

regards,

Rik
--
IA64: a worthy successor to the i860.

		http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/	http://distro.conectiva.com/

* Re: Digest services anywhere and Re: LKML on Majordomo2 ?
@ 2001-08-24 23:16       ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2001-08-24 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rik van Riel; +Cc: Sandip Bhattacharya, LKML

> Mailman has the big disadvantage that it isn't able to do
> spam filtering based on the message content.

Thats because you are supposed to use it in conjunction with a sensible
mail system, such as exim. Tools for jobs. Exim can run arbitary programs
to scan incoming mail.

Alan