* tail corruptions: saga continues
@ 2001-09-13  0:33 Samium Gromoff
From: Samium Gromoff @ 2001-09-13  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiser; +Cc: linux-kernel

         2.4.7/3.x.0k-pre8 pair in _very_rare_ circumsistances
    gives tails corruptions with --rebuild-tree.
    Actually i found only one file filled with "." (ofcourse <4k)
         As a detail, on sudden reboots i have log tails filled with "."
    but it seems to be unrelated.
         It may look like this one file "." fill was caused by sudden
    inability to sync while corruption raised, but in fact at the moment
    when fs was corrupted i havent accessed this file for ages... (.c file)

Cheers, Samium Gromoff

* Re: tail corruptions: saga continues
       [not found] <3BA080E2.39742E30@namesys.com>
@ 2001-09-15  4:04 ` Samium Gromoff
From: Samium Gromoff @ 2001-09-15  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir V. Saveliev; +Cc: linux-kernel

"  Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:"

> Hi
>
> > Subject: tail corruptions: saga continues
> > Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 00:33:23 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: Samium Gromoff <_deepfire@mail.ru>
> > To: reiser@namesys.com
> > CC: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> >
> >          2.4.7/3.x.0k-pre8 pair in _very_rare_ circumsistances
>
> You should get 3.x.0k-pre9.
   Ouch! Actually that was pre9... sorry for a mistake.

> >     gives tails corruptions with --rebuild-tree.
>
> >     Actually i found only one file filled with "." (ofcourse <4k)
> >          As a detail, on sudden reboots i have log tails filled with "."
> >     but it seems to be unrelated.
> >          It may look like this one file "." fill was caused by sudden
> >     inability to sync while corruption raised, but in fact at the moment
> >     when fs was corrupted i havent accessed this file for ages... (.c file)
> >

> So, am I correct that before running reiserfsck --rebuild-tree the file
> contained proper data and did not after it?
  Yep
> Or the file appeared corrupted after sudden reboot/mount and it was not
> touched before that sudden crash?
>
> Why did you decide to run --rebuild-tree? Did reiserfsck --check recommend you
> to do that?
  To repair fs with some blocks set to zero. Zeroified blks are unrelated though...