* (no subject)
@ 2001-10-02 15:30 Dinesh  Gandhewar
From: Dinesh  Gandhewar @ 2001-10-02 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlist-linux-kernel

Hello,
I have written a linux kernel module. The linux version is 2.2.14.
In this module I have declared an array of size 2048. If I use this array, the execution of this module function causes kernel to reboot. If I kmalloc() this array then execution of this module function doesnot cause any problem.
Can you explain this behaviour?
Thnaks,
Dinesh

* Re:
@ 2001-10-09 10:25 ` VDA
From: VDA @ 2001-10-09 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello Dinesh,

DG> Hello,
DG> I have written a linux kernel module. The linux version is 2.2.14.
DG> In this module I have declared an array of size 2048. If I use this array, the execution of this module function causes kernel to reboot. If I kmalloc() this array then execution of this module
DG> function doesnot cause any problem.
DG> Can you explain this behaviour?
DG> Thnaks,
DG> Dinesh

DG> -
DG> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
DG> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
DG> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
DG> Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

stack overflow