* pre7 and active pages
@ 2001-11-03  0:29 Ed Tomlinson
From: Ed Tomlinson @ 2001-11-03  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Using the xmm2 utility I am noticing much more space staying allocated
in the active list with pre7.  Now meminfo reports:

MemTotal:       514136 kB
MemFree:          4868 kB
MemShared:           0 kB
Buffers:         53572 kB
Cached:         315584 kB
SwapCached:      16000 kB
Active:         318600 kB
Inactive:       145476 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:       514136 kB
LowFree:          4868 kB
SwapTotal:     1056760 kB
SwapFree:      1010700 kB

Which is not at all what I would expect given the logic in shrink_caches.
The active list does shrink under pressure but stays _much_ larger than
it did in pre6 and below.

Ed Tomlinson

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-03  1:11 UTC | newest]