* Unresolved Symb...in 2.4.12 ehci installation
@ 2001-11-05 16:28 krajput
From: krajput @ 2001-11-05 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I have upgraded my Linux 7.1 (kernel version 2.4.2) to kernel version
2.4.12. I want to install the linux ehci driver as well. On applying the
required changes in the usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/Makefile and
usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/Config.in files and selecting the EHCI as a
module in make menuconfig. When i get to the part where i do make
modules_install after make modules, i get the following error:-

depmode: *** Unresolved Symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.12/kernel/drivers/usb/usbcore.o
depmode: usb_hub_cleanup
depmode: usb_hub_init

I have tried to install the same with and without the kernel version info
but to no avail. Shall be grateful if anybody could advise! Thanking you in
advance.

Kashif!

* Re: Unresolved Symb...in 2.4.12 ehci installation
@ 2001-11-05 21:11 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2001-11-05 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krajput; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 04:28:10PM +0000, krajput@softhome.net wrote:

> I have upgraded my Linux 7.1 (kernel version 2.4.2) to kernel version
> 2.4.12. I want to install the linux ehci driver as well. On applying the
> required changes in the usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/Makefile and
> usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/Config.in files and selecting the EHCI as a
> module in make menuconfig. When i get to the part where i do make
> modules_install after make modules, i get the following error:-
>
> depmode: *** Unresolved Symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.12/kernel/drivers/usb/usbcore.o
> depmode: usb_hub_cleanup
> depmode: usb_hub_init
>
> I have tried to install the same with and without the kernel version info
> but to no avail. Shall be grateful if anybody could advise! Thanking you in
> advance.

You should try asking this on the linux-usb-devel mailing list.

But anyway, the EHCI patch has not been updated for the later kernels,
sorry.

greg k-h