* Serial port maintainance ?
@ 2001-11-06  2:08 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2001-11-06  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

	<I'm not suscribed on the mailing list>
	I've made a patch to the serial driver (and setserial) to
extend support of 16C950 UARTs and enable to use the higher speed of
the Brainboxes Pcmcia BlueTooth card.
	I've sent my patch to Theodore Ts'o and on the sourceforge
mailing list, but it seems that nobody is actively maintaining the
serial driver.
	Well... What next ?

	Have fun...

	Jean

* Re: Serial port maintainance ?
@ 2001-11-06 10:15 ` Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2001-11-06 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 06:08:21PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> 	Well... What next ?

Send it to me, and/or check out the CVS at:

	:pserver:cvs@pubcvs.arm.linux.org.uk:/mnt/src/cvsroot
	(no password)
	module: serial

The serial CVS contains both the kernel uart-based serial driver(s), and
a copy of setserial utility to match.

$ cvs -d :pserver:cvs@pubcvs.arm.linux.org.uk:/mnt/src/cvsroot login
$ cvs -d :pserver:cvs@pubcvs.arm.linux.org.uk:/mnt/src/cvsroot co serial

This new serial driver is scheduled for inclusion into the 2.5 kernel
series, totally replacing the original serial.c.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux