* 2.4.14 -- boot stop at "usb.c: registered new driver iforce"
@ 2001-11-06 22:39 Martial MICHEL
From: Martial MICHEL @ 2001-11-06 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

	Ok ...  after   having  finished recompiling   2.4.14  without
"loopback device" (compilation problem explained in another e-mail), I
did  restart my system ...  and  it is booting properly until printing
the following line : "usb.c: registered  new driver iforce" (this line
appears with or  without the joystick  being connected to  the system)
and simply hang there indefenitely.

After a couple of testing (the scheduling process from 2.4.8-ac12 told
me that RTC  was the next lauch process)  I was able to  identify that
the  problem  is really  inside the  "iforce"  driver,  without it the
system boots up properly.

One again , I  am running a SMP P3  700 on an  asus P2B-D with  1Gb of
memory.  I  can provide my .config if  it  can be  of some  help (just
e-mail me about it).

						Hope this helps,

--
  Martial MICHEL
E-mail    : martial@users.sourceforge.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-06 22:39 UTC | newest]