* Insmod gives unsresolved symbol
@ 2001-11-06  8:17 Amit Kulkarni
From: Amit Kulkarni @ 2001-11-06  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi

I am trying to write a device driver which calls
certain functions/variables from the kernel
(e.g. ipv4_explicit_null from
/usr/src/linux/net/mpls/mpls_init.c )

But when I try to insert the module using insmod it
gives me an error saying unresolved symbol
ipv4_explicit_null

thinking the kernel did not export the said symbol  I
added EXPORT_SYMBOL(ipv4_explicit_null) in the file
mpls_init.c
Now I can see the symbol in System.map
but my problem still persists.

Am I exporting symbols properly or is there anything
else that needs to be done .

please advise
thanks in anticipation,
amit