* question about 2.4.18 and ext3
@ 2002-03-18 17:01 Colin Leroy
From: Colin Leroy @ 2002-03-18 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello all,

I really hope I'm not asking a FAQ, i looked in the archives since 15 Feb
and didn't see anything about this.

I upgraded from 2.2.20 to 2.4.18 on my powerbook two weeks ago, and
compiled ext3 in the kernel in order to quietly crash :)

However, I had about a dozen strange crashes, sometimes when the computer
woke up from sleep, sometimes when launching a program : every visible
soft died, then X, then blackscreen, and the computer didn't even answer
pings. So I reset the computer and here, each time, yaboot (ppc equivalent
of lilo) told me that "cannot load image". Booting and fscking from a
rescue CD showed that superblock was corrupt.

Of course, nothing in any log :-/
I went back to ext2 three days ago and I do not suffer any crashes since.

Is there a problem with ext3 on 2.3.18 ?
Colin