* 2.4.19-pre7, can not umount a partition
@ 2002-04-22 23:36 Profeta Mickael
From: Profeta Mickael @ 2002-04-22 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

	I am running linux on Athlon CPU with VIA  VT82C686 ide controller.

	I try to upgrade to kernel-2.4.19-pre7 and I notice a trouble when I try
to unmount a partition: I wrote a cron job to make a backup of my honme
directory to a second harddrive using rsync. The data are on /dev/hda5and
are backuped on /dev/hdc2	The /dev/hdc2 partition is mounted in the
beginning of the script, and unmounted at the end of the rsync backup.	All my
partition are in reiserfs, except / in ext2.

	With kernel 2.4.19-pre7 or -pre6 the system can not umount the /dev/hdc2
partiton at the end of the script. The umount process hangs and the load
of the computer reach 2.0 whereas nothing else running. I can not reboot
properly (the system can not kill task and so does not reboot) If Itry
Sysrq, it manages to remount ro all partition except /dev/hdc2

	This does not happens in kernel 2.4.17-pre7.

	I have no Oops or message in the logs... But if I can do something to
test further the problem do not hesitate to ask me more information.

	I am running Debian sid with rsync version 2.5.6cvs  protocol version 26
	reiserfssprogs  3.x.1b-1 (I checked /dev/hdc2 has no reiserfs
inconsistency)	mount 2.11n-2

Please CC: as I am not subscribed to the list

	Mickael

Unix IS user-friendly. It just chooses its friends carefully

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-22 23:37 UTC | newest]