* Device driver question
@ 2002-05-15 13:17 Bloch, Jack
From: Bloch, Jack @ 2002-05-15 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org.'

I am relatively new to Linux (< 6 months). We have designed an embedded
system (on compact PCI) running on a Pentium III 700Mhz cPCI machine. This
machine supports upt to 6 cPCI boards for specific functions (this is our
own HW). I have already written the device drivers for these boards and the
system is running. I have a specific case where our HW can generate a
special interrupt. In this case I simply want the ISR to halt the system
(i.e. take the same action as if I typed halt from the command line). How
can I from within my device driver cause a halt? Please CC me specifically
on any replies.

Thanks in advance.

Jack Bloch
Siemens Carrier Networks