* APM hangs during boot w/out keyboard plugged in.
@ 2002-05-11 18:07 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2002-05-11 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I have noticed that the APM initialization always hangs when I
try to boot my various machines w/out the keyboard plugged in.

This is true of many kernels, including the one shipped with RH 7.3.

For now, I have to re-compile the kernel w/out APM support.  Is
there some fundamental problem with using APM w/out a keyboard,
or can the code be fixed?

My motherboard is Intel EEA2, 815 chipset.  If more information
will help, please let me know and I'll provide it.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>

* Re: APM hangs during boot w/out keyboard plugged in.
@ 2002-05-16  6:51 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2002-05-16  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Ben,

On Sat, 11 May 2002 11:07:47 -0700 Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:

> I have noticed that the APM initialization always hangs when I
> try to boot my various machines w/out the keyboard plugged in.
>
> This is true of many kernels, including the one shipped with RH 7.3.
>
> For now, I have to re-compile the kernel w/out APM support.  Is
> there some fundamental problem with using APM w/out a keyboard,
> or can the code be fixed?
>
> My motherboard is Intel EEA2, 815 chipset.  If more information
> will help, please let me know and I'll provide it.

This sounds like a probelm with the BIOS on your computer.  The apm
driver in the kernel has no dependencies on the keyboard.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au