* ADS Gcp 2.4.7 reboot  issue
@ 2002-05-16 17:14 rpm
From: rpm @ 2002-05-16 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi all ,
	I had posted a message previously also and got some usefule info about the
same topic . I have a ads graphic client plus board (Strong ARM SA1100 )
running 2.4.7 kernel. The problem is that a small c++ application which
causes the system to reboot. What i guessed is that at some point of time
some memory corruption is happening and it's causing the code to jump to the
RSRR ( reset registers ) and reboot the system. I went to the
/include/asm/arch/SA-1100.h file and changed the definition of the RSRR
register from 0x90030000 to 0xE0030000. Now if i run the application for the
first time, the board does not reboot   but 2 or  3 executions cause the
board to reboot.
      What i want to do is , to somehow find out at what point of time kernel
is loosing control and  writing to RSRR register.
       And is there any other way to reboot , other then writing to RSRR
register.
      If someone has some clue, it will be helpfull   .

regards,
rpm

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-16 16:57 UTC | newest]