* (no subject)
@ 2002-07-06 15:51 Min Li
From: Min Li @ 2002-07-06 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, it's my first time posting in the list. Not subscribed yet. So Any
reply please cc me.

I have some basic questions concerning linux kernel.

First of all, after I install them, while I need to recompile the kernel?

Second, what's the configuration for the default boot image? I mean I got
the default boot image after I install red-hat 7.2 from CD. Then I can
boot from that image successfully at any time. However, there is no
/usr/src/linux/.config file. Then where is the default configuration file?

Third, after recompiling the kernel, including "make modules; make
modules_install;", the currently running kernel version is changed to
2.4.7-10custom instead of 2.4.7-10. Why is that so? So all the modules go
to /lib/modules/2.4.7-10custom instead of 2.4.7-10? Why? What happened?

thanks a  lot

min

* (no subject)
@ 2002-07-06 15:59 ` Hacksaw
From: Hacksaw @ 2002-07-06 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Min Li; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello Min:

I suggest your questions would be better asked on the kernle newbies list:
http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/

and/or on the RedHat install List:

The kernel list is strictly for talk about developing the kernel. Also, please
read the linux kernel mailing list FAQ: http://www.tux.org/lkml/
--
Powered by beta particles
http://www.hacksaw.org -- http://www.privatecircus.com -- KB1FVD

* Re: your mail
@ 2002-07-07 19:32   ` Min Li
From: Min Li @ 2002-07-07 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hacksaw; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello, Yes, I tried to subcribe to those two lists. But I don't think they
are working. But I do need help right now...