* Re: ppp problem
@ 2002-08-05 12:42 Marc-Christian Petersen
From: Marc-Christian Petersen @ 2002-08-05 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Denny; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Aaron,

> Hi, i recently updated my kernel to 2.4.9 from 2.2.13,
> quite a large jump obviously, im in slackware 7.0, ok
> so here is my problem. after updating the kernel i did
> ppp-go, it dialed and i heard the noise that it makes
> when its dialing an ISP then at the end, it says:
> seriel connection made then on the next line i get:
> Couldn't attach tty to PPP unit 0: invalid argument

> i know i put ppp support in and unixpty when i
> installed the kernel help me pleease
We can help you, IF you submit ALOT more information, f.e.:

- Kernel .config
- lspci -vvv
- what software you exactly use to call to your ISP.
  (what the hell is ppp-go?) ;) ... updating this ones?

Maybe you want to use a newer kernel? 2.4.9 is evil old you know?! :)

--
Kind regards
        Marc-Christian Petersen

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wolk

PGP/GnuPG Key: 1024D/569DE2E3DB441A16
Fingerprint: 3469 0CF8 CA7E 0042 7824 080A 569D E2E3 DB44 1A16
Key available at www.keyserver.net. Encrypted e-mail preferred.

* Re: ppp problem
@ 2002-08-05 16:46 ` Dimitris Zilaskos
From: Dimitris Zilaskos @ 2002-08-05 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Denny; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Aaron Denny wrote:

> Hi, i recently updated my kernel to 2.4.9 from 2.2.13,
> quite a large jump obviously, im in slackware 7.0, ok

  Slackware 7.x lacks /dev/ppp which is needed to do ppp with 2.4.x kernel
, I had the same problem when I moved my slack 7.0 box to 2.4 You also
need newer pppd . The steps you have to take  are in
/your-linux-source-dir/Documentation/Changes . There is a ppp section in
there . Read it and follow its instructions .

  Kind regards ,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle Univercity of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
          http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : 4f84f3f53cb046008b4abcb2a092d28d  pgp_public_key.asc

* Re: ppp problem
@ 2002-08-05 12:40 ` bert hubert
From: bert hubert @ 2002-08-05 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Denny; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 05:27:17AM -0700, Aaron Denny wrote:
> Hi, i recently updated my kernel to 2.4.9 from 2.2.13,
> quite a large jump obviously, im in slackware 7.0, ok
> so here is my problem. after updating the kernel i did
> ppp-go, it dialed and i heard the noise that it makes
> when its dialing an ISP then at the end, it says:
> seriel connection made then on the next line i get:
> Couldn't attach tty to PPP unit 0: invalid argument

get a newer ppp - it is listed in the changes file.

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
http://www.tk                              the dot in .tk

* ppp problem
@ 2002-08-05 12:27 Aaron Denny
From: Aaron Denny @ 2002-08-05 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, i recently updated my kernel to 2.4.9 from 2.2.13,
quite a large jump obviously, im in slackware 7.0, ok
so here is my problem. after updating the kernel i did
ppp-go, it dialed and i heard the noise that it makes
when its dialing an ISP then at the end, it says:
seriel connection made then on the next line i get:
Couldn't attach tty to PPP unit 0: invalid argument

i know i put ppp support in and unixpty when i
installed the kernel help me pleease

 Aaron Denny

http://health.yahoo.com