* Query on code space and data space !
@ 2002-09-13 14:23 Parthiban M
From: Parthiban M @ 2002-09-13 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: skotra, pamanick, nramamur

Hi all :

I'm using a linux box running RH7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-3).
I've inserted one kernel module and I need information
on how much code space and data space my module
has consumed.

Is there any way to know these statistics ? Doing a
cat  /proc/<process ID>/status (or stat or statm)
showed some information. But I'm not very clear.

Any pointers in this regard are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Parthi.

--
http://san.hcltech.com
www.hcltechnologies.com

Thx,
Parthi.

* Re: Query on code space and data space !
@ 2002-09-13 14:57 ` Jesse Pollard
From: Jesse Pollard @ 2002-09-13 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parthiban M, linux-kernel; +Cc: skotra, pamanick, nramamur

On Friday 13 September 2002 09:23 am, Parthiban M wrote:
> Hi all :
>
> I'm using a linux box running RH7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-3).
> I've inserted one kernel module and I need information
> on how much code space and data space my module
> has consumed.
>
> Is there any way to know these statistics ? Doing a
> cat  /proc/<process ID>/status (or stat or statm)
> showed some information. But I'm not very clear.
>
> Any pointers in this regard are highly appreciated.

I think you really want /proc/modules....
though it doesn't distinguish between code space and
data space. At this level of the kernel there isn't any
difference.

> Thanks,
> Parthi.

Jesse I Pollard, II