From: Skip Ford <skip.ford@verizon.net>
To: Corporal Pisang <Corporal_Pisang@Counter-Strike.com.my>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.5.36 compile error (ide-cd) any fix yet ?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 05:45:00 -0400	[thread overview]

Corporal Pisang wrote:
> Any fixes yet for this compile error ?
>
> gcc -Wp,-MD,./.ide-cd.o.d -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=athlon  -nostdinc -iwithprefix include    -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ide_cd   -c -o ide-cd.o ide-cd.c
> In file included from ide-cd.c:318:
> ide-cd.h:440: error: long, short, signed or unsigned used invalidly for `slot_tablelen'

I looked at this last time you reported it.  Which compiler are you
using?

Line 440 of ide-cd.h is:

	__u8 short slot_tablelen;

'short' doesn't make any sense there.  __u8 is unsigned char.
I can't figure out why you're the only one getting an error.  That
change went in a few kernels ago and I've compiled ide-cd in every one
of them and it compiles fine for me.

--
Skip