* SWSUSP and occasional keyboard/X locks (not GPM)
@ 2002-09-28  1:23 brian
From: brian @ 2002-09-28  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I'm running 2.4.18 vanilla with swsusp patches.  I've disabled GPM
and suspend/resume works well.

However, occasionally when my laptop resumes everything appears ok,
but the keyboard and mouse (touchpad) don't respond.   If I ssh
in via the ethernet I can kill X and keyboard control comes back.
(this is the same behavior I saw with GPM was missing things up)
(I've actually removed the gpm executable from my machine)

I use the 'susp' script to suspend the machine which knocks out most
of the known problems with software suspend.

I'm running XFree86 4.2.1.

My laptop is a Sony VAIO FXA32 w/Duron 900MHz and 384MB RAM.

You can have a look at the susp script at

    http://www.litzinger.com/susp

Any ideas?

--
Brian Litzinger

 FREE Bug & Support Tracking tool http://www.ParcourseSoftware.com
 SFA, CRM, HelpDesk, Engineering: Small Company to Multi-National Enterprise
 Crossplatform: MS Windows, Linux, Solaris, Macintosh, mix & match

* Re: SWSUSP and occasional keyboard/X locks (not GPM)
@ 2002-09-29 22:16 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2002-09-29 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Litzinger, linux-kernel

Hi!

> I'm running 2.4.18 vanilla with swsusp patches.  I've disabled GPM
> and suspend/resume works well.
>
> However, occasionally when my laptop resumes everything appears ok,
> but the keyboard and mouse (touchpad) don't respond.   If I ssh
> in via the ethernet I can kill X and keyboard control comes back.
> (this is the same behavior I saw with GPM was missing things up)
> (I've actually removed the gpm executable from my machine)
>
> I use the 'susp' script to suspend the machine which knocks out most
> of the known problems with software suspend.
>
> I'm running XFree86 4.2.1.
>
> My laptop is a Sony VAIO FXA32 w/Duron 900MHz and 384MB RAM.
>
> You can have a look at the susp script at
>
>     http://www.litzinger.com/susp
>
> Any ideas?

Yep, swsusp is not really meant to work in 2.4.X. Get latest
2.5.X... and add IDE patches so it does not eat your disk...

You might want to use setleds to toggle something on keyboard. Perhaps
that helps.

							Pavel

--
When do you have heart between your knees?