* accessing the program counter
@ 2002-10-14 20:04 Gayathri Chandrasekaran
From: Gayathri Chandrasekaran @ 2002-10-14 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello
I'm trying to read the value of program counter at the time a context
switch occurs from the kernel.I looked at the schedule() function in
sched.c and also the switch_to() in system.h.I also looked at the
current_text_addr () in include/asm-i386/processor.h which is a macro that
returns the current instruction pointer.But I'm nto sure if I'm in the
right track.Also I need some help in understanding the assmbly language
instructions.Can someone help me with this.

thanks
gayathri

Gayathri Chandrasekaran
Department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science
University of Kansas
Lawrence,KS-66045.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-14 19:58 UTC | newest]