* 2.5.58 - bttv broken?
@ 2003-01-14 21:06 Ivanovich
From: Ivanovich @ 2003-01-14 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: kraxel

Just tried my tv card (Miro PCTV) with 2.5.58 and TV output looks very wrong.
It gets drawn outside the xawtv window (displaced to the left, more displaced
if the window is placed in the right of the screen ?!?), it's B&W instead of
color, and shows ugly vertical black lines.

It works perfectly with the 2.4.20 drivers.

cat /proc/video/dev/video0
name            : BT878(Pinnacle PCTV Studio/Ra)
type            :
VID_TYPE_CAPTURE|VID_TYPE_TUNER|VID_TYPE_OVERLAY|VID_TYPE_CLIPPING|VID_TYPE_SCALES
hardware        : 0x1

Tell me if you need more info.
CC me replies plz, i'm not suscribed to lklm.

* Re: 2.5.58 - bttv broken?
@ 2003-01-15  0:20 ` David Woodhouse
From: David Woodhouse @ 2003-01-15  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivanovich; +Cc: linux-kernel, kraxel

ivanovich@menta.net said:
> Just tried my tv card (Miro PCTV) with 2.5.58 and TV output looks very
> wrong. It gets drawn outside the xawtv window (displaced to the left,
> more displaced  if the window is placed in the right of the screen
> ?!?), it's B&W instead of  color, and shows ugly vertical black lines.

Try 'xawtv -bpp 24'.

Also try updating your X server to one which does Xv.

--
dwmw2