* newbie question :- installation problemo 0x44 error partition gone, please help me.
@ 2003-02-18 12:46 GAURAV YADAV
From: GAURAV YADAV @ 2003-02-18 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

hello to all,

i have a problem,
i have two hard disks

hda - > 4GB
hdb - > 40GB
hda has no partitions and windowsME is installed
hdb has 12 partitions ( including Linux Native and
Swap file system)

while i was installing linux7.1
when i was in Diskurid for partitioning
it told filesystem as 0x44 instead of Win95 FAT,
but i ignored it and went ahead installing Linux.
It went really very fine with no problems.
but when i restarted it is showing me partitions
of hdb in cfidsk but when i want to mount it is not
mounting
and say 'are you trying to mount extended partition?'
and in cfdisk also it is showing partitions as
Unknown,
Even windows is not recognising those partitions of
hdb. Is all my data lost forever, i am having very
important data on my disk regarding my studies.
Please help, as my friends have told i will get my
answers here.
Please send it to me personally at
gaurav_christmas@yahoo.com
as i cannot subscribe to it because of my meagreness
of yahoo account space.
so after an hour i will unsubscribe from the list.

Thanks in advance.
-gaurav.

=====
^^_^^^^^.^'^.^^^.^^^.^^^.^^^.^^-^-^^^^^_^^^^^^^^_^^^^^^^^_^^^_^^^^^_^^
|^|^| g . ' . u . r . a . v .  -^-  i  m  s e l ' i n g  u  t'is  i'ea
_\-/_ n . ' . i . s . e . world |   i  o n l y  s a y  u  n e e d  i t
mailto:nicholantis@bigfoot.com / mailto:gaurav_christmas@yahoo.com _.-
|-=--mi-icq-no--75797811------/-get-what-u-like-/-like-what-u-get----|
|_|f  I  can  I m a g i n e__/it  I  can  A c h i e v e  it_._.-.-._.|
-only.believe.in.miracles--com'andment:.just.c.murphy's.law.in.ur.life

http://shopping.yahoo.com

* Re: newbie question :- installation problemo 0x44 error partition gone, please help me.
@ 2003-02-24  9:52 ` Andries Brouwer
From: Andries Brouwer @ 2003-02-24  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GAURAV YADAV; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 04:46:16AM -0800, GAURAV YADAV wrote:

> i have two hard disks
>
> hda - > 4GB
> hdb - > 40GB
> hda has no partitions and windowsME is installed
> hdb has 12 partitions ( including Linux Native and
> Swap file system)
>
> while i was installing linux7.1
> when i was in Diskurid for partitioning
> it told filesystem as 0x44 instead of Win95 FAT,
> but i ignored it and went ahead installing Linux.
> It went really very fine with no problems.
> but when i restarted it is showing me partitions
> of hdb in cfidsk but when i want to mount it is not
> mounting
> and say 'are you trying to mount extended partition?'
> and in cfdisk also it is showing partitions as
> Unknown,
> Even windows is not recognising those partitions of
> hdb. Is all my data lost forever, i am having very
> important data on my disk regarding my studies.

You are not using GoBack are you?

What are the kernel boot messages for these disks?
(dmesg | grep hd)

mailto aeb@cwi.nl