* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-15 13:15 war
From: war @ 2003-03-15 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adilger, rol, war; +Cc: linux-kernel

[*] IO-APIC support on uniprocessors

* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-16 20:43 leon j. breedt
From: leon j. breedt @ 2003-03-16 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

[-- Attachment #1: msg.pgp --]
[-- Type: application/pgp, Size: 850 bytes --]

* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-15 22:18 ` Dave Jones
From: Dave Jones @ 2003-03-15 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Spraul; +Cc: war, linux-kernel

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 02:47:59PM +0100, Manfred Spraul wrote:

 > >[*] IO-APIC support on uniprocessors
 > >
 > I think the subject is a bit misleading:
 > There seems to be a problem with interrupt routing if he enables IO-APIC
 > support, both with a Broadcom nic and a 3com nic.
 > Either the MP table that is supplied by the bios is incorrect [wouldn't
 > be a big surprise - I think Linux is the only OS that looks at MP tables
 > of uniprocessor machines], or the ACPI interpreter did something wrong.

I've noticed on two seperate testboxes (x86 and x86-64) that 8139too
won't recieve packets unless I boot with 'noapic acpi=off' now.
And yes, it has to be both those options, one on its own of either
doesn't make the problem go away. 100% reproducable.

Doesn't seem to affect any other drivers I've tried though.

		Dave

* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-15 14:27 war
From: war @ 2003-03-15 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manfred, war; +Cc: linux-kernel

Yes I have the latest BIOS \b, the SiS 655max  (6730) I believe.

8X AGP / 6PCI / 4RAM (DDR) / etc

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=655_Max-FISR

Is the motherboard

* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-15 13:47 Manfred Spraul
From: Manfred Spraul @ 2003-03-15 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: war; +Cc: linux-kernel

war wrote:

>[*] IO-APIC support on uniprocessors

I think the subject is a bit misleading:
There seems to be a problem with interrupt routing if he enables IO-APIC
support, both with a Broadcom nic and a 3com nic.
Either the MP table that is supplied by the bios is incorrect [wouldn't
be a big surprise - I think Linux is the only OS that looks at MP tables
of uniprocessor machines], or the ACPI interpreter did something wrong.

Do you use the latest bios for your motherboard? Which chipset?

--
    Manfred

* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-15  9:34 ` Paul Rolland
From: Paul Rolland @ 2003-03-15  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: war, adilger; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello,

We have some BCM running pretty well with both IO-APIC and
Local APIC with kernel 2.4.19...

Which one are you talking about ?

Regards,
Paul

@ 2003-03-15  5:41 war
From: war @ 2003-03-15  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adilger, war; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2003-03-15  4:35 war
From: war @ 2003-03-15  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adilger, war; +Cc: linux-kernel

ok, thanks for the information, I am not the on\b, *
I am not an isolated case :)

* Re: Broadcom BCM5702 Major Problems
@ 2003-03-15  3:54 ` Andreas Dilger
From: Andreas Dilger @ 2003-03-15  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: war; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mar 15, 2003  02:32 -0000, war@lucidpixels.com wrote:
> When compiled in statically it does not work.
> Hm, maybe PCI sharing must be turned off, I read this from somewhere on google?
> I am also running latest stable kernel 2.4.21-pre5-7.

We are having similar problems with the Broadcom driver, and would be
very interested in finding a solution.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger