* cpufreq isn't supported on 440BX
@ 2003-04-01 21:20 Felipe Alfaro Solana
From: Felipe Alfaro Solana @ 2003-04-01 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

Hi,

I think that cpufreq isn't supported for Intel Pentium III Mobile
(Coppermine) processors on Intel 440BX motherboards. Is this true? If
so, are there any plans on getting this support in a foreseable future?

Thanks!

        Felipe Alfaro Solana
   Linux Registered User #287198
http://counter.li.org

* Re: cpufreq isn't supported on 440BX
@ 2003-04-01 23:29 ` Dave Jones
From: Dave Jones @ 2003-04-01 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felipe Alfaro Solana; +Cc: LKML

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:20:43PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

 > I think that cpufreq isn't supported for Intel Pentium III Mobile
 > (Coppermine) processors on Intel 440BX motherboards. Is this true? If
 > so, are there any plans on getting this support in a foreseable future?

Not really unless Intel have a change of tune and release specs.
(Or progress is made on the reverse engineering effort)

		Dave

* Re: cpufreq isn't supported on 440BX
@ 2003-04-02 14:52 ` Ducrot Bruno
From: Ducrot Bruno @ 2003-04-02 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felipe Alfaro Solana; +Cc: LKML

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:20:43PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that cpufreq isn't supported for Intel Pentium III Mobile
> (Coppermine) processors on Intel 440BX motherboards. Is this true?

yes.

> If so, are there any plans on getting this support in a foreseable future?

I am trying to get it.  But I got only semi-success on it, and therefore
I have not cleaned up things in order to even considering to send a patch
to the cpufreq maintainer.

--
Ducrot Bruno
http://www.poupinou.org        Page profaissionelle

* Re: cpufreq isn't supported on 440BX
@ 2003-04-02 21:13   ` Felipe Alfaro Solana
From: Felipe Alfaro Solana @ 2003-04-02 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ducrot Bruno; +Cc: LKML

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 16:52, Ducrot Bruno wrote:
> > I think that cpufreq isn't supported for Intel Pentium III Mobile
> > (Coppermine) processors on Intel 440BX motherboards. Is this true?
>
> yes.
>
> > If so, are there any plans on getting this support in a foreseable future?
>
> I am trying to get it.  But I got only semi-success on it, and therefore
> I have not cleaned up things in order to even considering to send a patch
> to the cpufreq maintainer.

At least someone is trying to get it working!
Glad to know this :-)

Linux Registered User #287198