* Possible problem report, MDK 9.1 kernel config script
@ 2003-04-10  4:21 cj_chitwood
From: cj_chitwood @ 2003-04-10  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mec; +Cc: linux-kernel

Good day.

I was going through the menus for kernel configuration, and received an error.  The error was received when I tried to enter "Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" submenu from the sound support menu.  I was dropped to my terminal, and the following output was on my screen:

################ BEGIN QUOTE ################

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error report:

 Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu71: command not found

Please report this to the maintainer <mex@shout.net>.  You may also send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.

Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
[root@ip-two linux]# _

################# END QUOTE ################

I am running Mandrake 9.1, a gift sent to me from a friend via Cheapbytes.com.  The release version is 2.4.21-0.13mdk.  The machine is an i686 (Dell Inspiron 2500, Pentium-III).  If you need any further information, I'll gladly provide it if I can.  I have not tried any other configuration methods, such as those provided via the GUI or "make xconfig", and I would, if not for the late hour.

I hope this information helps, and have a good evening.

CJ Chitwood
This is my private e-mail address, please treat it as such;  thanks.

* Re: Possible problem report, MDK 9.1 kernel config script
@ 2003-04-11  0:46 ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2003-04-11  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cj_chitwood; +Cc: mec, lkml

cj> Good day.
cj> I was going through the menus for kernel configuration, and received an error.  The error was received when I tried to enter "Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" submenu from the sound support menu.  I was dropped to my terminal, and the following output was on my screen:

cj> ################ BEGIN QUOTE ################

cj> Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error report:

Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu71: command not found

cj> Please report this to the maintainer <mex@shout.net>.  You may also send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.

cj> Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

cj> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
cj> [root@ip-two linux]# _

Please, update to a cooker kernel 2.4.21-0.14 or 0.15mdk cooker
kernel.  This problem is fixed.

In the future, send reports about Mandrake kernels to mandrake lists
(kernel@mandrakesoft.com or cooker@mandrakesoft.com).

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy