* unusual_devs entries for Vivicam and others
@ 2003-04-10 13:50 Hanno Böck
From: Hanno Böck @ 2003-04-10 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-usb-devel

While searching for hints how to get the Vivicam 355 working in Linux, I
found that Lycoris Desktop/LX supports it.

I looked into their sources and they have a patch for adding
unusual_devs-Entries to the kernel-source.

I also found that they have two patches for sony-cameras not in the
kernel.

I testet the Vivicam-Patch and it works. I didn't test the
Sony-patches, so I don't know about them. (I assume they work, ask
lycoris for details)

Please apply the Vivicam-Patch to the kernel. I've put the patches
online, because to get them from lycoris, you have to download their
source-iso-cd.
http://cvs.gentoo.org/~hanno/linux-vivicam-unusual-dev.patch

The Sony-patches are at:
http://cvs.gentoo.org/~hanno/linux-sony-dsc-f707-unusual-dev.patch
http://cvs.gentoo.org/~hanno/linux-sony-clie-n760c-unusual-dev.patch

* Re: [linux-usb-devel] unusual_devs entries for Vivicam and others
@ 2003-04-10 17:32 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-04-10 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hanno Böck; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-usb-devel

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:50:22PM +0200, Hanno Böck wrote:
> While searching for hints how to get the Vivicam 355 working in Linux, I
> found that Lycoris Desktop/LX supports it.
>
> I looked into their sources and they have a patch for adding
> unusual_devs-Entries to the kernel-source.
>
> I also found that they have two patches for sony-cameras not in the
> kernel.
>
> I testet the Vivicam-Patch and it works. I didn't test the
> Sony-patches, so I don't know about them. (I assume they work, ask
> lycoris for details)
>
> Please apply the Vivicam-Patch to the kernel. I've put the patches
> online, because to get them from lycoris, you have to download their
> source-iso-cd.

Please send these to the usb-storage mantainer.

Also the ranges for some of these devices seems wrong, as if the author
didn't understand that 0x9999 is not the largest value for that field :)

thanks,

greg k-h