* Re: Question regarding Intel i845 chipset.
@ 2003-04-11 17:03 war
From: war @ 2003-04-11 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: freesoftwaredeveloper, war; +Cc: linux-kernel

Ok, then it isn't that, on my SiS, using IO-APIC causes all the interrupts to use 18, and nothing works, remote kernel  upgrades a \bre a pain, thanks, now I know it is not this.\b, which is causing the problem.

* Re: Question regarding Intel i845 chipset.
@ 2003-04-28 20:05 Chris Smith
From: Chris Smith @ 2003-04-28 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:30:20 +0200, Alan Cox wrote:

> No.
>
> Not all BIOS vendors get the tables right however.

Recently compiled 2.4.21-rc1 on two systems with Intel boards, one an
i850 based board where there were no problems with the APIC being
enabled (as it was also with an earlier kernel) but an i845 based board
(Intel D845PT, latest BIOS) would not enable the APIC (all XT-PIC in
/proc/interrupts) until I applied the -ac3 patch, even though the APIC
has worked fine under that other OS.

Chris Smith

* Re: Question regarding Intel i845 chipset.
@ 2003-04-11 16:35 ` Michael Buesch
From: Michael Buesch @ 2003-04-11 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: war; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Friday 11 April 2003 18:04, war@lucidpixels.com wrote:
> Is IO-APIC broken on the Intel 845 chipset?

I'm running it without problems.

Regards
Michael Buesch.

--
My homepage: http://www.8ung.at/tuxsoft
fighting for peace is like fu**ing for virginity

* Re: Question regarding Intel i845 chipset.
@ 2003-04-11 16:24 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-04-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-04-11 16:04 war
From: war @ 2003-04-11 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Is IO-APIC broken on the Intel 845 chipset?