* scsi HBA driver sym53c8xx didn't set a release method, please fix the template
@ 2003-04-22 16:36 David Ford
From: David Ford @ 2003-04-22 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel List

1> scsi HBA driver sym53c8xx didn't set a release method, please fix the
template

2> Please use the 'usbfs' filetype instead, the 'usbdevfs' name is
deprecated.

3> request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- snd-card-0. error = -16

More long outstanding dmesg information.  For #2, I have 'usbfs' in my
fstab but this is nonsensical, init hasn't even been started yet. For
#3, all my sound is compiled in and just after this line there is a
[too] plentiful ALSA cs46xx output :)

david

* Re: scsi HBA driver sym53c8xx didn't set a release method, please fix the template
@ 2003-04-22 21:19 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-04-22 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Ford; +Cc: Linux Kernel List

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 12:36:07PM -0400, David Ford wrote:
> 2> Please use the 'usbfs' filetype instead, the 'usbdevfs' name is
> deprecated.

Yes, this has been logged in the bug database for a while, along with a
description of the problem, and why it's a bit tough to solve...

thanks,

greg k-h