* [FLAME]: Log and console pollution: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2002 Netfilter core team
@ 2003-04-29 17:36 Michael Frank
From: Michael Frank @ 2003-04-29 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi All,

I notice anoying messages in logs and on the console such as the above.

Gladly, most humble authors refrain from this bloat.

Could one ban these messages from the console altogether and perhaps mandate sending credits to a seperate "credits log" file

Regards
Michael Frank

* Re: [FLAME]: Log and console pollution: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2002 Netfilter core team
@ 2003-04-29 18:24 ` Maciej Soltysiak
From: Maciej Soltysiak @ 2003-04-29 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi,

> Gladly, most humble authors refrain from this bloat.
Strange, i though we are coding for fame and glory ? :)

But seriously...
You see these messages only when you load the module. On a
non-testbed-machine it is once a boot. I would not call that polluting
the logs.

On the other hand on a testbed-machine you see these messages when you
load and reload the modules. I treat these messages as debug messages.
When I develop a module i put versioning info there, and i know if I
loaded the correct module or some previous version.

Regards,
Maciej Soltysiak

* Re: [FLAME]: Log and console pollution: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2002 Netfilter core team
@ 2003-04-29 19:12 ` Harald Welte
From: Harald Welte @ 2003-04-29 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank; +Cc: linux-kernel