* status of matrox framebuffer drivers.
@ 2003-05-06  2:36 crypt
From: crypt @ 2003-05-06  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi I was just wondering if there was any work being done to get the
matrox framebuffer drivers updated so that they would compile under the
4.5 series kernels.

They seem to have been broken for a long time.

Joe.

in real life: Joseph Skinner         |There's no such thing as a wizard
email: crypt@ihug.co.nz              |who minds his own business
       Analyst/Programmer            | - Berengis the Black
                                     |   Court Mage to the Earls Caeline

* Re: status of matrox framebuffer drivers.
@ 2003-05-06  4:58 ` Jurriaan
From: Jurriaan @ 2003-05-06  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crypt; +Cc: linux-kernel

From: crypt@ihug.co.nz <crypt@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:36:54PM +1200
> Hi I was just wondering if there was any work being done to get the
> matrox framebuffer drivers updated so that they would compile under the
> 4.5 series kernels.
>
> They seem to have been broken for a long time.

If you read this list you might notice that Petr Vandovec is hard at
work, and a patch for 2.5.69 is available, as was one for 2.5.68, for
2.5.67, etc etc.

ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/linux/matrox-latest/

The patch for 2.5.69 is 2.5.68-c1248, but it applies without
difficulties.

HTH,
Jurriaan
--
And I thought that the Borg were bad...
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.5.69 4112 bogomips load av: 0.51 0.34 0.31