* QUESTION: 2.5 adds 1 to systats even for non I/O operations
@ 2003-05-07 20:34 Ricardo Galli
From: Ricardo Galli @ 2003-05-07 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I'm working in a daemon to control cpufreq and devices
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/cpudyn/)

I've just noticed that kernel 2.5 always add one (1) to /proc/diskstats
and /sys/block/hdX/stat "reads" field for ioctl's requests that don't
generate data I/O.

For example for checking the status of the disk (standby, active, sleep)
or putting the disk in standby.

Is that correct? Do I have to take it in account always?

Thanks in advance.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-07 20:21 UTC | newest]