* Re: [bug] 2.5.68: USB
@ 2003-05-27  6:03 satyakumar.y
From: satyakumar.y @ 2003-05-27  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

recompile the kernel   selecting the
usb device  file system   option    in   usb support

                    Nico Schottelius
                    <schottelius@wdt.de>           To:     Linux Kernel Mailing List <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    linux-kernel-owner@vger.       Subject:     [bug] 2.5.68: USB
                    kernel.org

                    05/26/2003 07:11 PM

Hello!

When attaching usb devices to my box, no new entries in /dev/ are
created (tried with usbstick, harddisk in a box)..so I can't acces any
of them!

------------------
flapp:/usr # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
usb_storage            99536  0
scsi_mod               48132  1 usb_storage
ohci_hcd               13152  0
usbcore                73436  4 usb_storage,ohci_hcd

flapp:/usr # ls /dev/usb/
.  ..
flapp:/usr # ls /dev/scsi/
.  ..

flapp:/usr # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HITACHI_ Model: DK23AA-12        Rev: 0811
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

(which is the usb harddisk)

Or do I have to load the scsi disk driver ?

Nico

--
Please send your messages pgp-signed and/or pgp-encrypted (don't encrypt
mails

[-- Attachment #2: attkklzr.dat --]

* Re: [bug] 2.5.68: USB + renaming/splitting SCSI ?
@ 2003-05-27 11:29 ` Nico Schottelius
From: Nico Schottelius @ 2003-05-27 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)