* Re: Dead machine, blinking Keyboard and no Oops on console
@ 2003-05-27 14:12 john
From: john @ 2003-05-27 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jpo234, pavel; +Cc: linux-kernel

> > > Blinking keyboard lights means kernel panic.
> > Shouldn't a panic cause some message on the console?
> > Does the missing message provide a clue?
> I'd go for serial console at this point...

...or the morse code output patch...

John.

* Re: Dead machine, blinking Keyboard and no Oops on console
@ 2003-05-25 21:52 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-05-25 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jpo234; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi!

> >Blinking keyboard lights means kernel panic.
> >
> >    Jeff
>
> Shouldn't a panic cause some message on the console?
> Does the missing message provide a clue?

I'd go for serial console at this point...
								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

* Re: Dead machine, blinking Keyboard and no Oops on console
@ 2003-05-23 19:33 jpo234
From: jpo234 @ 2003-05-23 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:

>Blinking keyboard lights means kernel panic.
>
>    Jeff

Shouldn't a panic cause some message on the console?
Does the missing message provide a clue?
Any other hints on how to track this down?

Thanks in advance
  Joerg

* Re: Dead machine, blinking Keyboard and no Oops on console
@ 2003-05-23 19:24 ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2003-05-23 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jpo234; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2003-05-23 19:11 jpo234
From: jpo234 @ 2003-05-23 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi List,
the Subject basically describes what I see. This is (yeah, I know)
a SuSE kernel with a small local hack. I don't expect that anybody
will debug this for me, but maybe some clues what could cause this
would be most welcome.

Specifics (just in case this rings a bell):
Kernel is a local build from the SuSE kernel-source-2.4.19.SuSE-175.i586.rpm RPM (e.g. the current one),
my local patch adds socket specific statistics (e.g. packet count,
retransmits, out-of-order packets,...).

Observation:
No Oops, no panic, just a sudden freeze with the blinking keyboard
lights.

Thanks in advance
  Jörg