* Linux-2.4.21-rc7 sound glitching with via82cxxx
@ 2003-06-14 15:29 David R. Wilson
From: David R. Wilson @ 2003-06-14 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: mark

Hello Mark,

I see the same behavior with 2.4.21-rc7-ac1 and the cs46xx sound module.
I have tried installing the alsa modules and have also removed them.  I
don't know where that behavior is coming from.

In the gnome-cd program I see the play time rather randomly jump
forward and back to different places in the audio track.  Audio is
disrupted for sometimes several seconds for every few bars of the
recording.

If you run into any information on what is causing this let me know.  I am
not convinced it is a kernel feature... but it is at the very least
annoying.  It makes listening to CDs impossible.

Dave
--
David R. Wilson  WB4LHO
World Wide Network Services

* Linux-2.4.21-rc7 sound glitching with via82cxxx
@ 2003-06-08 17:53 Mark Rutherford
From: Mark Rutherford @ 2003-06-08 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Greetings,
I ompiled and tested rc7 last night and got some interesting results
with sound..
anything that plays audio whether its an mp3 player, game, ect ect. have
an unusual delay.
it plays bits and pieces of audio usually advancing rapidly thru the
wave or mp3.
each pop will make it skip about 2-4 seconds ahead, kinda like hitting
the fast forward button on a cd player.
this same hardware works with alsa.
hope this is of any help to anyone.
one last question: is there an adsp device planned for this driver?
we could use some more sound devices to use in gaming with teamspeak +
game.
thanks!
Mark Rutherford
mark@justirc.net

PGP key: http://www.justirc.net/~mark/markrutherford.asc
fingerprint: 1CF2 6229 306D A2C8 2C89  46BE FFD6 D910 5170 4FA9