* Re: remove --help-- and ---help--- entries from Kconfig files
       [not found] <20030624110611.GC8052@cancer>
@ 2003-06-25  6:10 ` Rusty Russell
From: Rusty Russell @ 2003-06-25  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stewart Smith; +Cc: linux-kernel, zippel

In message <20030624110611.GC8052@cancer> you write:
> It seems that the dashes prefixing/suffixing a lot of the help
> entries in Kconfig files have little or no meaning (i couldn't
> find any docs, and didn't see any difference to help messages
> after this patch)
>
> This (rather long and reproducable by a command line < 100 chars)
> patch replaces all -*help-* entries with just help

IIRC they were explicitly added by Roman after people wanted more
visual delineation.

So I've not taken your patch, but you may want submit another that
adds this to the fine documentation in

     Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt

Cheers,
Rusty.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-25  6:05 UTC | newest]