* Re: bcm4306 revisited
@ 2003-06-27 19:30 ` Davide Libenzi
From: Davide Libenzi @ 2003-06-27 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Kimberlin; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Michael Kimberlin wrote:

> I know that the subject of drivers for this broadcom chipset has been
> raised before.  But, what information is missing that prevents the
> development of these drivers?  Perhaps a little social engineering is in
> order...  I mean, this chipset has been out for a while and there don't
> seem to be any signs of development (h3ll, if we poke at it long enough
> we'll get it) for this chipset.  is there just a lack of ambition here, or
> is there something REAL keeping this from going forth.   I mean, I'm having
> to write this email from windows just because this driver doesn't
> exist...and that brings me great sadness...
>
> Any, thoughts?  I'm sorry if I have missed something obvious here...I'm no
> driver developer...so, my understanding of the situation may be off.  But,
> h3ll...I'm motivated... ;)

http://www.petitiononline.com/BCM4301/

- Davide

* bcm4306 revisited
@ 2003-06-28  4:58 Michael Kimberlin
From: Michael Kimberlin @ 2003-06-28  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I know that the subject of drivers for this broadcom chipset has been
raised before.  But, what information is missing that prevents the
development of these drivers?  Perhaps a little social engineering is in
order...  I mean, this chipset has been out for a while and there don't
seem to be any signs of development (h3ll, if we poke at it long enough
we'll get it) for this chipset.  is there just a lack of ambition here, or
is there something REAL keeping this from going forth.   I mean, I'm having
to write this email from windows just because this driver doesn't
exist...and that brings me great sadness...

Any, thoughts?  I'm sorry if I have missed something obvious here...I'm no
driver developer...so, my understanding of the situation may be off.  But,
h3ll...I'm motivated... ;)

-michael

--
Join the Anti-.htm Revolution!!!

* Re[2]: bcm4306 revisited
@ 2003-06-28 14:47   ` Michael Kimberlin
From: Michael Kimberlin @ 2003-06-28 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Yes...I'm aware of the petition...and have signed on.  But, petitions only
work if they will acknowledge them.  Broadcom has so far done nothing of
the sort.  So, we just sit and wait quietly???