* GSM PCMCIA cards?
@ 2003-07-01  9:53 Stephan von Krawczynski
From: Stephan von Krawczynski @ 2003-07-01  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello all,

does anybody use a GSM PCMCIA card under Linux? What vendor?

Any hints appreciated
Stephan

* Re: GSM PCMCIA cards?
@ 2003-07-01 10:42 ` Mark Watts
From: Mark Watts @ 2003-07-01 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Re: GSM PCMCIA cards?
@ 2003-07-01 15:27 ` Vojtech Pavlik
From: Vojtech Pavlik @ 2003-07-01 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephan von Krawczynski; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:53:54AM +0200, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:

> does anybody use a GSM PCMCIA card under Linux? What vendor?

SonyEricsson/AnyCom GC75 works OK, looks like a serial modem. Triband.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR

* Re: GSM PCMCIA cards?
@ 2003-07-01 23:55   ` Pekka Pietikainen
From: Pekka Pietikainen @ 2003-07-01 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 05:27:18PM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:53:54AM +0200, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
>
> > does anybody use a GSM PCMCIA card under Linux? What vendor?
>
> SonyEricsson/AnyCom GC75 works OK, looks like a serial modem. Triband.
And to be complete, Nokia D211, which has GSM, GPRS and WLAN. Partially
binary-only. Trying to use the WLAN side on the latest RH9 errata kernel for
more than 5 minutes usually crashes the machine, GSM side works just fine.
Unfortunately life is too short to debug proprietary drivers ;)

There's also the older Card Phone which has two versions, 1.0 used
a modified pcmcia serial driver. Hackery probably required to
get it working with modern pcmcia code/kernels. 2.0 is
more or less standard pcmcia serial I believe...

--
Pekka Pietikainen