* Re: Strange BK behaviour?
@ 2003-07-11 19:54   ` Ben Collins
From: Ben Collins @ 2003-07-11 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry McVoy, Marcelo Tosatti, Larry McVoy, lkml

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:55:32PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Ahh, it's there, bkbits just isn't showing it because it is an empty merge
> changeset.  That's a bug.  If you care, file a bug on bk/web with a
> summary like "show merge changesets if they are tagged".

It definitely got down to CVS/SVN.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/

* Strange BK behaviour?
@ 2003-07-11 20:21 Marcelo Tosatti
From: Marcelo Tosatti @ 2003-07-11 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry McVoy, lkml

Hi,

I just tagged v2.4.22-pre5 after pulling jgarzik's 2.4 net-drivers tree.

I cant seem to able able to push that tag to bkbits.net, though.

bkpush returns me:

Nothing to send to bk://linux@linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.4

Locally, I have:

ChangeSet@1.1079, 2003-07-11 16:11:39-03:00,
marcelo@freak.distro.conectiva
  Merge bk://kernel.bkbits.net/jgarzik/net-drivers-2.4
  into freak.distro.conectiva:/home/marcelo/bk/linux-2.4
  TAG: v2.4.22-pre5

Now going to the web interface shows the net-drivers-2.4 merge, but not
the TAG on it.

Whats going on?

* Re: Strange BK behaviour?
@ 2003-07-11 20:55 ` Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2003-07-11 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo Tosatti; +Cc: Larry McVoy, lkml

Ahh, it's there, bkbits just isn't showing it because it is an empty merge
changeset.  That's a bug.  If you care, file a bug on bk/web with a
summary like "show merge changesets if they are tagged".
--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm

* Re: Strange BK behaviour?
@ 2003-07-11 21:26     ` Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2003-07-11 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Collins; +Cc: Larry McVoy, Marcelo Tosatti, lkml

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 03:54:40PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:55:32PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > Ahh, it's there, bkbits just isn't showing it because it is an empty merge
> > changeset.  That's a bug.  If you care, file a bug on bk/web with a
> > summary like "show merge changesets if they are tagged".
>
> It definitely got down to CVS/SVN.

Right, the data is there.  There is a lot of "merge noise" in BK where BK
is just recording the fact that changes in unrelated files have been
brought together.  In general, you don't want to see all that noise, it's
more or less internal BK metadata.  So BK/Web filters it out, as does
bk changes.  But in this case, because the cset in question is "named"
with a tag it should have been shown.

It's a presentation issue, not a data problem, which is why CVS/SVN saw
it - the exporter works on the raw data.
--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm