* Hotplug USB mouse bugs in 2.4+swsusp
@ 2003-07-11 16:16 Eric Altendorf
From: Eric Altendorf @ 2003-07-11 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, swsusp-devel

I'm not sure if this is a general kernel issue, a hotplug issue, a USB
issue, or a swsusp issue, so I'm hoping for guidance here.

I'm running 2.4.21 (+ latest ACPI, toshiba ACPI, and swsusp pre14) and
to get my USB mouse working at all with swsusp I had to use hotplug.
However, I'm having a number of problems.

1)
The mouse, under normal operation at times of heavy CPU or disk usage,
will be spontaneously lost.  No messages are issued.  Physically
unplugging and re-plugging the mouse restores it.

2)
No matter what I've tried, after switching to using hotplug
(previously I had been using the 2.5 kernel w/o the hotplug daemon),
I have been unable to get the internal pointer multiplexed into
/dev/input/mice.  USB mouse shows up under /dev/input/mice and
internal pointer shows up under /dev/psaux only.

3)
After suspend & resume, USB mouse is gone.  Physically replugging it
doesn't help.  /etc/init.d/hotplug restart  fixes it.

Any ideas?  /proc cats, dmesgs, .configs, etc, available upon request.

Thanks much!

Eric