* Re: Problems with 2.6.0-test1 && depmod
@ 2003-07-16 17:35 ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2003-07-16 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Ribeiro; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:48:09 +0100 Pedro Ribeiro <deadheart@netcabo.pt> wrote:

| I've just installed 2.6.0-test1 but whenever I try to use depmod, lsmod
| or insmod I get this error:
|
| Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
| lsmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented
|
| I first noticed this when I was trying to install the nvidia drivers.
| Needless to say that I was unable to install them. What can I do to
| solve this problem? By the way,
|
| depmod version 2.4.16

Please read
  http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt
when it's back online (maybe 2 hours).

Also, you need to use the module-init-tools for 2.6.
They are at
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/

--
~Randy
| http://developer.osdl.org/rddunlap/ | http://www.xenotime.net/linux/ |

@ 2003-07-16 17:58   ` Dave Jones
From: Dave Jones @ 2003-07-16 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: Pedro Ribeiro, linux-kernel

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:35:17AM -0700, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

 > Please read
 >   http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt
 > when it's back online (maybe 2 hours).

Until then.. http://lwn.net/Articles/39901/  (Thanks Jon).

		Dave

* Re: Problems with 2.6.0-test1 && depmod
@ 2003-07-16 18:13     ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2003-07-16 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Ribeiro; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:58:22 +0100 Pedro Ribeiro <deadheart@netcabo.pt> wrote:

| Randy.Dunlap wrote:
|
| >On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:48:09 +0100 Pedro Ribeiro <deadheart@netcabo.pt> wrote:
| >
| >| I've just installed 2.6.0-test1 but whenever I try to use depmod, lsmod
| >| or insmod I get this error:
| >|
| >| Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
| >| lsmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented
| >|
| >| I first noticed this when I was trying to install the nvidia drivers.
| >| Needless to say that I was unable to install them. What can I do to
| >| solve this problem? By the way,
| >|
| >| depmod version 2.4.16
| >
| >Please read
| >  http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt
| >when it's back online (maybe 2 hours).
| >
| >Also, you need to use the module-init-tools for 2.6.
| >They are at
| >  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/
| >
| >--
| >
| I'm sorry, but what version am I supposed to download? The lastest?
| (module-init-tools-0.9.13-pre.tar.gz)
|
| PR

I use 0.9.12.  You can try 0.9.13-pre if you want to.

--
  or http://lwn.net/Articles/39901/

@ 2003-07-16 23:48 Pedro Ribeiro
From: Pedro Ribeiro @ 2003-07-16 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I've just installed 2.6.0-test1 but whenever I try to use depmod, lsmod
or insmod I get this error:

lsmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

I first noticed this when I was trying to install the nvidia drivers.
Needless to say that I was unable to install them. What can I do to
solve this problem? By the way,

depmod version 2.4.16

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Ribeiro

* Re: Problems with 2.6.0-test1 && depmod
@ 2003-07-17  0:21       ` Paulo Andre'
From: Paulo Andre' @ 2003-07-17  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: Pedro Ribeiro, linux-kernel

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:13:16 -0700
Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> | I'm sorry, but what version am I supposed to download? The lastest?
> | (module-init-tools-0.9.13-pre.tar.gz)
> |
> | PR
>
> I use 0.9.12.  You can try 0.9.13-pre if you want to.

0.9.13-pre seems to work flawlessly here, by the way.

		Paulo

* Re: Problems with 2.6.0-test1 && depmod
@ 2003-07-17  0:58   ` Pedro Ribeiro
From: Pedro Ribeiro @ 2003-07-17  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: linux-kernel