* Re: v2.6.0-test1 - no keyboard/mouse
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.43.0307151702570.1640-100000@morpheus>
@ 2003-07-17 18:23 ` Folkert van Heusden
From: Folkert van Heusden @ 2003-07-17 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Never mind, got it solved. It seems you have to check quiet a few things to
get basic things like keyboards to work and such. Maybe the
configuration-thing should emit a warning when basic things like
keyboard/console-on-whatever are omitted. Just a warning.

--

Folkert van Heusden

| UNIX sysop? Then give MultiTail ( http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/ ) |
| a try, it brings monitoring logfiles (and such) to a different level!    |
+---------------------------------------------------= www.vanheusden.com =-+

* Re: v2.6.0-test1 - no keyboard/mouse
@ 2003-07-15 22:03   ` Antonio Vargas
From: Antonio Vargas @ 2003-07-15 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felipe Alfaro Solana; +Cc: folkert, LKML

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:57:26PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 22:46, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> > Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
> > Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly. Rather
> > quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
> > Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
> > I *have* included input-core, etc.:
> > CONFIG_INPUT=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
> > CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y
>
> I can't think of anything except CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE. Is it set to "y"?

what about setting these usual switches to default "y"?
It would cut a lot of problems at the first encounters
with the latest kernel.

Greets, Antonio.

--
In fact, this is all you need to know to be
a Caveman Database Programmer:

A relational database is a big spreadsheet
that several people can update simultaneously.

* Re: v2.6.0-test1 - no keyboard/mouse
@ 2003-07-15 21:57 ` Felipe Alfaro Solana
From: Felipe Alfaro Solana @ 2003-07-15 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: folkert; +Cc: LKML

@ 2003-07-15 21:35 ` Dave Jones
From: Dave Jones @ 2003-07-15 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Folkert van Heusden; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:46:57PM +0200, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
 > Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
 > Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly. Rather
 > quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
 > Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
 > I *have* included input-core, etc.:
 > CONFIG_INPUT=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
 > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
 > CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
 > CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y

Here's your problem.. (or one of them at least)..

# CONFIG_SERIO is not set

You're likely also missing a CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y
but that will probably appear when CONFIG_SERIO=y
along with PS2 mouse.

		Dave

* v2.6.0-test1 - no keyboard/mouse
@ 2003-07-15 20:46 Folkert van Heusden