* Kernel Configuration Error Reporting
@ 2003-07-20 10:59 Marco Bresciani
From: Marco Bresciani @ 2003-07-20 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, mec

Dear Sirs,
    I was trying to use "make menuconfig" to configure my GNU/Linux kernel
while the menu crashed at it appears this on the screen:

"  Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
   configuration files and is unable to continue. Her is the error
   report:

    Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu71: command not found

   Please report this to the mantainer <mec@shout.net>. You may also
   send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger@kernel.org>.

   Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
   which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

   make: [***] menuconfig Error 1   "

This is the error. I am trying to configure GNU/Linux Mandrake 9.1 kernel
version 2.4.21-0.13mdk and this error appear when I try to enter the submenu
"Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" inside the "Sound" menu.

Bye,

Marco Bresciani

* Re: Kernel Configuration Error Reporting
@ 2003-07-20 11:24 ` Tomas Szepe
From: Tomas Szepe @ 2003-07-20 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Bresciani; +Cc: linux-kernel, mec

> [m.bresciani@email.it]
>
> This is the error. I am trying to configure GNU/Linux Mandrake 9.1 kernel
> version 2.4.21-0.13mdk and this error appear when I try to enter the submenu
> "Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" inside the "Sound" menu.

ALSA is not part of the standard (kernel.org) kernel, take this up with
Mandrake.

--
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>