* Question about module names containing "-" or" "_" characters
@ 2003-07-23 18:46 Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez @ 2003-07-23 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi:

This is just a curiosity, but I have observed that you can load modules
containing the characters "-" and "_" using any of "-" or "_" in the
module name. In /proc/modules they get reported with the file name, not
with the name used to load them (except, at least, dm-mod.ko, that is
shown as dm_mod).

I don't know if this is expected behaviour, but I report it just in case
nobody else noticed before. I am using Linux kernel 2.6.0-test1 and
module-init-tools version 0.9.11.

Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0-test1)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-23 18:31 UTC | newest]