* 2.4.6-test1, PCMCIA cards require two insertions
@ 2003-07-25 21:02 Christopher Swingley
From: Christopher Swingley @ 2003-07-25 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

Greetings!

I'm running 2.6.0-test1 on an SiS based laptop with all the PCMCIA
network and serial drivers built into the kernel.  When the system boots
with a PCMCIA cardbus card in place, the card doesn't show up.  I unplug
the card and plug it back in, and then the kernel "sees" it and it
works.  If I unplug it again, I have to go through a plug - unplug -
plug cycle before it recognizes it.  As if it only recognizes the card
on even numbered insertion events.

My modem card is not a cardbus card (no gold colored strip on the top)
and it exhibits the same plug - unplug - plug requirement.  If it's in
the slot when the computer boots, however, it will get set up, because
the pcmcia-cs cardmgr sets it up via the sysinit scripts.

Any thoughts on why these cards require more than one insertion before
they're recognized?  Bug / feature?

Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
IARC -- Frontier Program         Please use encryption.  GPG key at: