* Re: rivafb
@ 2003-07-29  8:24 Groove Over
From: Groove Over @ 2003-07-29  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi...
The rivafb and the nvidia-accelerated drivers conflict, yes, but you can own situation if you tell X to use the rivafb-framebuffer instead the nvidia-one.

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "GeForce"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        BusID           "1:0:0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
EndSection

This should fix the problem.

And, I have my own question, too... How do I switch my resolution?

"kernel /boot/gentoo-2.4.20-r5-bo.nvidia root=/dev/hda3 video=rivafb:1280x1024-32@100" doesn't work for me.
What is wrong?

Thanks a lot for solutions,

kraM

* Re: rivafb
@ 2003-07-29 17:22 ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2003-07-29 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Groove Over; +Cc: linux-kernel

> Hi...
> The rivafb and the nvidia-accelerated drivers conflict, yes, but you can own situation if you tell X to use the rivafb-framebuffer instead the nvidia-one.
Not a surprise there :-(

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "GeForce"
>         Driver          "nvidia"
>         BusID           "1:0:0"
>         Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
> EndSection
>
> This should fix the problem.

This  works out most problems between X and fbdev.

> And, I have my own question, too... How do I switch my resolution?
>
> "kernel /boot/gentoo-2.4.20-r5-bo.nvidia root=/dev/hda3 video=rivafb:1280x1024-32@100" doesn't work for me.
> What is wrong?

Bug in the software. I need to fix that. Right now  I'm working on its
hardware cursor which is messed up.

* RE: rivafb
@ 2001-12-01 23:01 ` kernelin
From: kernelin @ 2001-12-01 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi:

        I've the same problem. It's seems like a conflict of the nvidia drivers
and rivafb. Try to unload the nvidia_kernel module and use in X the nv
driver who comes with the X, that works (at least with my GForce2 Pro), but if
you do this, you'll loose the nvidia hardware acceleration...

>Hi all you smart folk.
>    I've been trying to use the rivafb driver for my console, because I
>like 1024x768 console resolution, but dislike the slowness of the vesa
>framebuffer.  Every time I start X and then switch to a text console, it
>begins to mess up (my cursor turns into 2 purple dots) and if I try to
>switch back to X the console is completely corrupted, forcing me to
>reboot.  Is there a conflict that makes it incorrect to use a
>framebuffer text console and a different accelerated X console?  Or is
>this a bug in the memory handling of the rivafb that makes it conflict
>with the NVidia accelerated stuff, OR can I not ask this here, because
>I'm using the unlicensed NVidia kernel drivers?

>Thanks!

* rivafb
@ 2001-12-01 22:00 Lost Logic