* 2.6.0-test3 input device problems
       [not found] <200308100151.39396.arvidjaar@mail.ru>
@ 2003-08-10  0:56 ` David Walser
From: David Walser @ 2003-08-10  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Andrey Borzenkov

A strange thing is in the configurator (menuconfig or
xconfig) some of the input device options are missing
and/or messed up.  I suppose it's probably related to
the problem I had building it.  At the beginning of
the build, it would go in my .config and change my
CONFIG_SERIO_I8042 and CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD from m to
y, and then of course there would be problems
building, because atkbd.o which was now set to y, and
therefore put in the built-in.o's and tmp_vmlinux1
depended on symbols in serio.o, which was still set to
m, and therefore wasn't available, and the build would
die.

I had to fix my .config by hand, and then chattr +i it
before the build to get it to build!

PS - CC me if you want me to get any replies

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-10  0:56 UTC | newest]