* [BUG] ipaq USBserial driver
@ 2003-08-15  1:14 Ian Molton
From: Ian Molton @ 2003-08-15  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-usb-devel

Hi.

Havent had time to track this down but the ipaq.c driver seems to have a
problem since about 2.5.57 or so.

I get repeatable stiffing of 2.6.0-test3 if I place my toshiba e750 in
the cradle while ipaq.ko is loaded. if it isnt loaded the machine is
fine. Im using uhci-hcd.

the e750 needs ipaq.c too be modified btw. (its prod id is 0x0409 not
0406 as is the toshiba e740).

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with
ketchup.

* Re: [BUG] ipaq USBserial driver
@ 2003-08-15  4:52 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-08-15  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Molton; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-usb-devel

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 02:14:01AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Havent had time to track this down but the ipaq.c driver seems to have a
> problem since about 2.5.57 or so.
>
> I get repeatable stiffing of 2.6.0-test3 if I place my toshiba e750 in
> the cradle while ipaq.ko is loaded. if it isnt loaded the machine is
> fine. Im using uhci-hcd.

Can you try using the nmi watchdog to see where the kernel is locked up at?

> the e750 needs ipaq.c too be modified btw. (its prod id is 0x0409 not
> 0406 as is the toshiba e740).

Try sending a patch to the author/maintainer of this driver.

thanks,

greg k-h