* Twofish i586/i686 assembler implementation
@ 2003-08-28 21:48 Fruhwirth Clemens
From: Fruhwirth Clemens @ 2003-08-28 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cryptoapi-devel; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-crypto

Twofish is now available as assembler implementation for Pentium/PentiumPro.

I've ported the assembler sources of the public domain Twofish
implementation of Counterpane to cryptoapi. Everyone how has ever locked at
2fish_86.asm will for sure admit that it's next to impossible to change it's
assembler: masm. Instead of rewriting everything in nasm or gas, I've
decided to take a shortcut. I used masm to compile it.

That's for sure a sin and I will burn in free software hell, but don't
worry. You don't have to touch masm. I supplied precompiled binaries for you
and as you won't need to port it to another architecture precompiled
binaries are just fine.

http://clemens.endorphin.org/twofish-i586/

However, the first test looks promissing. It's almost twice as fast as the C
implementation. So I think it's worth trying.

FYI in case you'd like to play with the source: It's possible to work
without a Windows environment. Wine runs masm perfectly and masm is
available through some special tricks for free (as in beer). Just have a
look at INSTALL.Linux.

Regards, Clemens