* KDE System Monitor not reporting correct Memory/Swap Usage
@ 2003-09-09  7:40 Chris Bell
From: Chris Bell @ 2003-09-09  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Kernel: 2.6.0-test4-bk5
KDE: 3.1.3

Hi

I have just installed the above kernel successfully and generally all good.
However, the KDE System Monitor is not displaying the correct memory or swap
usage.

I have 1gig of RAM and over 1gig of Swap space and "top" is correctly
showing this. However, the monitor is showing 10k of RAM and Swap. This was
fine in 2.4.20-8.

Not sure whether it's a kenel problem or not, but thought I'd report it.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

* Re: KDE System Monitor not reporting correct Memory/Swap Usage
@ 2003-09-09 19:11 ` Mike Fedyk
From: Mike Fedyk @ 2003-09-09 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Bell; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:40:34AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> Kernel: 2.6.0-test4-bk5
> KDE: 3.1.3
>
> Hi
>
> I have just installed the above kernel successfully and generally all good.
> However, the KDE System Monitor is not displaying the correct memory or
> swap usage.
>
> I have 1gig of RAM and over 1gig of Swap space and "top" is correctly
> showing this. However, the monitor is showing 10k of RAM and Swap. This was
> fine in 2.4.20-8.

do you have sysfs mounted on /sys?  It works fine for me once I do this.